2014 Underage Drinking Campaign – Summary Evaluation
Drinkaware’s campaign focused on the pivotal role parents have in influencing the relationship their child develops with alcohol, specifically by talking to them.
The aims of the campaign were to:
- Support parents by reminding them to have conversations about alcohol with their children
- Provide factual information about alcohol in an accessible way to help parents structure these conversations
The key messages were:
- Drinking underage is associated with a number of risks, such as engaging in risky sex, being exposed to violence, getting injured and underperforming at school.
- Talk to your child about all the risks of drinking alcohol underage so that they are able to reduce the risk of future harm from drinking alcohol.
- Drinkaware can support you with the facts and advice to help inform a conversation with your child. Find out more at www.drinkaware.co.uk/underagedrinking
Outcomes and impact
Included in the summary evaluation of the underage campaign are the outcomes and impacts, which contain:
- Visibility and reach
- Parents' response to the campaign