1) Privacy and your personal data
It applies to personal information collected by us, or provided by you, over our website(s) or in any other way, such as over the telephone, via the 'Track and Calculate Units' Mobile App (the “App”), any of our online tools or in an email. It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our website(s). Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
FAO: The data protection officer
The Drinkaware Trust
Salisbury House 3rd Floor (Room 519)
London Wall, London, England EC2M 5QQ.
The Drinkaware Trust is the data controller of your personal information for the purposes of the Act.
2) What information do we collect about you when you use our website(s)?
When you visit our website(s) you may provide us with personal information such as your name, address, email address, age, gender, phone number, and if you are using our online shop, your address and payment card details. You may provide us with your personal information in a number of ways:
- by completing a Contact Us form on our website, or by signing up to receive news, promotions, information or updates from us;
- by using the MyDrinkaware tool, the Midlife Men tool, or any other tool available on our website(s). To use these tools you may be required to provide your email address, gender and age, although you may choose to supply us with additional information, including information about your drinking habits, in which case this may be linked to your account and/or email address;
iii. by registering to use our online shop and/or purchasing products from us, in which case we will need your address, delivery address and payment card details;
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses; and
3) What information do we collect about you when you use our App?
When you use our App, we may collect the following information about you:
- your name, email address, age and gender;
- information about your computer or a device onto which you have downloaded the App, for example, your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer or device;
iii. information about your use of the App; and
- any other information you submit via the App, including information about your drinking habits or your achievements or motivations. This information may be linked to your account and/or email address.
“Weak Spot” Function
Where you have chosen to use the ‘Weak Spot’ functionality on the App, we may collect data relating to the location of your device. The ‘Weak Spot’ functionality allows you to share with us specific locations where you drink. We will then send drinking related reminders to your device if we identify that you are near such locations.
If you do not want to share with us the location of your device for this purpose, do not enter a ‘Weak Spot’. You may turn off the location settings on your device at any time by accessing the “Privacy” or “Permissions” section of the “Settings” of your Apple or Android device and by deactivating “Location Services” or “Location”.
4) How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the requested website(s), App, services or products;
- to ensure that content from our website(s) and on the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
iii. to notify you about changes to our website(s), App or services;
- to process and fulfil your orders;
- if you sign up to use our App or any tools available on our website(s), to offer you guidance, tips and advice to help you lead a healthy lifestyle;
- for “analytics” purposes to better understand your interaction with our website(s), App and services so that we may improve the services we provide to you;
vii. to update our records and to generally manage your account with us (including corresponding with you in relation to any complaint);
viii. to conduct promotions or prize draws that you have entered;
- where you have consented we may contact you with information about our products or services that we feel may be of interest to you (you can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive these communications by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or following the instructions contained in the communication); and
- to inform research projects, (and in doing so we may share data with research partners, but will only ever do so in a manner which does not identify you as an individual).
5) Do we share your personal information with third parties?
In limited circumstances we may pass your personal information to other third party organisations for the following purposes:
- to help us administer our website(s) or the App (such as our internet service providers, or companies which process orders for us, such as payment providers and delivery companies). Such third parties are required to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on our specific instructions;
- to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
iii. to inform research projects, but we will only ever share your personal information with our carefully selected research partners and in a manner which does not personally identify you as an individual or which allows our research partner to identify you;
- to participate in Facebook’s Custom Audience and/or Lookalike Audience programs so that you can receive targeted ads from us when you use Facebook, and so that other users of Facebook who share similar interests to you can also receive targeted ads from us. We may provide your email address or telephone number to Facebook for this purpose. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com;
6) Users of the [Have a Little Less, Feel a Lot Better] Tool
- Your personal information will be sent to our email service partner based in the USA (“Email Partner”) so that we can send you an email setting out facts and guidance based on the personal information you have provided about your drinking habits;
7) Your consent
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your personal information by ticking the relevant box(es) on the form(s) we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if applicable, by following the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing communication you receive from us.
8) How can you access your personal information?
You may request access to all your personal information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can also ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information (which is free of charge).
9) Retention of your personal information
10) Where we store your personal data
When you complete our registration forms or use our services, we may transfer your personal information to processors outside the European Economic Area but will do so with appropriate measures and controls in place to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet, mobile networks or wireless technology is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our website(s) or supplied to us via our App. Any personal information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.