1) Privacy and your personal data
It applies to Information collected by us, or provided by you, over our Website or in any other way, such as over the telephone, via the 'Track and Calculate Units' Mobile App (the “App”), or in an email. It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Website. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
The Drinkaware Trust is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
2) What Information do we collect?
When you visit our Website or use the App you may provide us with personal information such as your name, address, email address, age, gender, phone number, and if you are using our Shop, your address and payment card details ("Information"). You may provide us with Information in a number of ways:
- by supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a Contact Us form on our Website, or by signing up to receive news, promotions, information or updates from us (including via the App);
- by using the MyDrinkaware tool, the Midlife Men tool, or any other tool available on our Website. To use these tools you may be required to provide your email address, gender and age, although you may choose to supply us with additional information, including information about your drinking habits, in which case this may be linked to your account and/or email address;
iii. by downloading the App: the only personal information you have to provide is an email address, your gender and year of birth. In addition, the information you upload to the App about your drinking habits, and the location of your device(s) and, if you have turned on your ‘Weak Spot’ functionality (as described below), your ‘Weak Spots’ will be received by us. All this Information will be linked to your email address and account;
- by registering to use our Shop and/or purchasing Products from us, in which case we will need your address, delivery address and payment card details;
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We may also collect information about your computer or a device onto which you have downloaded the App, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer or device, for system administration, and we may report aggregate information to our stakeholders and funders. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
“Weak Spot” Function
Where you have chosen to use the ‘Weak Spot’ functionality, we may collect data relating to the location of your device. The ‘Weak Spot’ functionality allows you to share with us specific locations where you drink. We will then send drinking related reminders to your device if we identify that you are near such locations.
If you do not want to share with us the location of your device, do not enter a ‘Weak Spot’.
If you delete all your ‘Weak Spots’, we will no longer receive location data from your device. Alternatively, you may turn off the location settings on your device at any time by accessing the “Privacy” or “Permissions” section of the “Settings” of your Apple or Android device and by deactivating “Location Services” or “Location”.
4) How do we use the Information that you provide to us?
We use your Information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website and on the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
iii. to provide you with the service which you have subscribed to;
- to process Orders you submit for Products;
- for the purpose of offering guidelines, tips and advice as per our service;
- to update our records and to generally manage your account with us (including corresponding with you in relation to any complaint);
vii. to conduct promotions or prize draws that you have entered;
viii. where you have consented we may contact you with information about our products or services that we feel may be of interest to you (you can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive these communications by contacting email@example.com or following the instructions contained in the communication).
viii. to inform research projects, (and in doing so we may share data with research partners, but will only ever do so in a manner which does not identify you as an individual).
5) Will my personal information be provided to third parties?
In limited circumstances we may pass your Information to other third party organisations:
- We may supply your personal information to third parties who help us administer the Website or the App (such as our internet service providers, or companies which process Orders for us, such as payment providers and delivery companies). Such third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as we do and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on our specific instructions;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Routinely collected data will also be used for the purpose of research and may be shared with research partners;
iii. We may share your email address with Facebook so that you can receive targeted ads from us when you use Facebook, and so that other users of Facebook who share similar interests to you can also receive targeted ads from us;
iv. We may share your personal data with third party platforms so that they may target ads to you and to others, based on other information that third party may hold about you.
6) Your consent
You have the right to ask us not to process for marketing purposes Information we collect from you. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your Information by ticking the relevant box(es) on the form(s) we use to collect your Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) How can you access your Information?
You may request access to all your personal information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8) Where we store your personal data
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our Website. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.