What do Risky Drinkers Drink at Home?
This report investigates the types of drinks consumed by UK drinkers who drink above the Chief Medical Officer's low risk drinking guidelines of 14 units per week.
What Did We Find?
- Risky drinkers choose a variety of drinks for off-trade consumption.
- Lager is a popular choice among risky drinkers in both the UK's most and least deprived neighbourhoods.
- Wine is more popular among risky drinkers in more affluent areas.
- Spirits and cider are more popular among risky drinkers in deprived neighbourhoods.
- Risky drinkers in deprived neighbourhoods who drink spirits and cider are at the most risk of experiencing alcohol related harm.