Fixed term full-time contract for one year
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate level individual to build experience across Marketing and Communications functions, contributing to the delivery of a range of social marketing initiatives focused on reducing alcohol-related harm.
Purpose of the role
To take responsibility for managing the day to day operation of some key areas such as: website updates; customer service for the online shop and App users; 'Drinkaware Crew' and 'Drinkaware at Work' activation. In addition this role will support the Marketing and Communications team in the design and delivery of new projects.
Manage customer support and fulfilment for the Drinkaware online shop, liaising with customers, logistics and suppliers as necessary, providing a monthly report to help prioritise future developments
- Receive and resolve consumer enquiries regarding our information and advice resources and our drink monitoring tools such as the Drinkaware App
- Support our Content and communications activities across digital and media channels by adding new content and verifying the accuracy of information and advice we provide
- Deliver small marketing projects on time and to a brief, with the support of another team member. This may involve coordinating work with design or print agencies, adapting or repurposing assets and obtaining costings and monitoring and reporting on expenditure against budget
- Coordinate the activation and delivery of our Drinkaware Crew and Drinkaware at Work programmes by organising collateral, training venues and evaluating events
- Undertake desk research projects as briefed.
To do this we will need you to be:
- Ability and desire to take initiative
- Excellent organisational, planning, co-ordination and administrative skills
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience using social media and digital channels
- Basic CRM experience and Photoshop a plus
- The ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of/ keen interest in marketing and communications
- Strong team player and able to work independently on own initiative
- Interest in reducing alcohol harm
Knowledge, training & qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Administration experience essential - solid office experience required
- Excel proficiency
- Marketing/communications experience preferred
Special features of the role
Some out of standard hours working may be required on an exceptional basis only.
The Drinkaware Trust is an independent UK-wide, public facing body with the objective of positively changing public behaviour to help reduce alcohol misuse and minimise alcohol-related harm, by helping people make better choices about their drinking.
The Trust occupies a unique and independent position among those organisations committed to addressing the serious health and social problems of excessive drinking in the UK. It is uniquely focused on helping individuals to make informed decisions about their drinking behaviour and to understand alcohol’s potential harm to health, relationships and society.
As such Drinkaware is able to build a position of trust in people's minds. The Trust has a high level of visibility within the alcohol industry, health community and government, each of which has high expectations of its potential impact.
How to apply:
- Please complete the application form in full by 9th July 2018.
- Your application form is very important, we do not interview candidates unless this is completed.
- Please send this completed form and your CV by email via the button below.
- Please note that CV’s in isolation and any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.