The aims of the campaign were to:
- Support parents by reminding them to have conversations about alcohol with their children
- Provide factual information about alcohol in an accessible way to help parents structure these conversations
The key messages were:
- Drinking underage is associated with a number of risks, such as engaging in risky sex, being exposed to violence, getting injured and underperforming at school.
- Talk to your child about all the risks of drinking alcohol underage so that they are able to reduce the risk of future harm from drinking alcohol.
- Drinkaware can support you with the facts and advice to help inform a conversation with your child. Find out more at www.drinkaware.co.uk/underagedrinking
Outcomes and impact
Included in the summary evaluation of the underage campaign are the outcomes and impacts, which contain:
- Visibility and reach
- Parents' response to the campaign