Drinkaware Roadshows 2016
In April 2016 we invited funders, partners and friends to learn more about the performance of Drinkaware’s 2015 campaigns and next steps for 2016 at our London and Glasgow Roadshows. The theme of this year’s roadshow was ‘delivering behaviour change through partnership’ and was our chance to showcase the importance of working collaboratively to reduce alcohol harm.
Highlights of the Roadshow
- We exclusively launched the new Midlife Men campaign targeting 45-64 year old men who drink excessively in the home
- Update on the development of Drinkaware Crew, our innovative in-venue scheme to help reduce alcohol harm among young people on a ‘drunken night-out’
- Key note speech from Karen Bradley MP offering government perspective on the role alcohol can play in the Modern Crime Prevention Strategy
- Key note speech from Lyn Brown MP offering an opposition perspective
- Panel discussion involving local government, industry, public health figures, Drinkaware CEO, Elaine Hindal and Chaired by Fiona Bruce MP.
Key note speakers
Karen Bradley MP - Minister for Preventing Abuse, Exploitation & Crime Prevention
Lyn Brown MP, Shadow Home Office Minister
Drinkaware 2016: ‘Drunken Nights Out’ campaign
In 2015 we continued our work to reach 18-24 year olds with our #GropeFreeNights campaign and challenge the norms of a ‘drunken night out’ by working with venues and local partners to introduce our intervention scheme, Drinkaware Crew.
Drinkaware 2016: Midlife Men campaign
Our integrated three year campaign aims to reach UK males aged 45-64 who are drinking above the low risk guidelines and encourage them to reduce their routine at-home drinking by persuading them that small reductions in alcohol can make a big difference to their health.
If you have any questions about the Roadshows please contact our Partnerships Team on email@example.com